So back in the fall, Tyler's mom and I were at a craft show here in Roanoke. We have been trying to find something fitting to go over our bar area ever since we moved in. It's just been this big white space that hits you in the face every time you walk in the door. Boring. Well, when at the craft show I saw these wood "sunbursts" as they're called. I thought, that would match our furniture really well. I wonder if he has one big enough to go above our bar. I called Tyler and much to his dismay, he came to the craft show. (My husband loves me very much.) We talked with the guy about it and he said he didn't have one there, he would have to make one specially for us. He also said that he was from Ohio so it would cost a fortune to ship it down here. The ironic thing is, when I asked where in Ohio, he said Ashtabula. My parents live 10 minutes from there! At any rate, he made it, Jamie brought it down when she came (Thanks Jamie!) and we finally got it hung. Tyler you certainly are a wonderful husband.


This is what it looks like hanging over our bar. It is right around 5 feet long. It looks much smaller when it's hanging on the wall though!
No comments:
Post a Comment