Sunday, May 16, 2010

St. Kitts


So sorry it's taking me so long to blog our cruise back in APRIL. I'm trying really hard. I am. Things have just been so busy around here with the end of school and such. Also, normally I blog on the weekends when Tyler is at his flight lessons but it's been so crappy here on the weekends that he doesn't get to fly. So when he doesn't get to fly, I don't get my time to blog.

Anyway, St. Kitts was the next island we went to after St. Croix. I think we liked it the best.
All the white spots are birds in the trees. Tyler did a great job of getting this one in flight.
Behind us on the right is a volcano.
Bottle tree
(We thought it was pretty cool!)
Beautiful flowers
Yes, I know. Many people have commented it looks like the birds are pecking my shoulders. Ha ha. ;)
I believe this was the stack to an old sugar mill.
My strong man!
Us <3
Rainforest
Neat tree!
Branches to the neat tree
This was a termite mound at the bottom of this tree. Sadly, it will eventually kill the tree.
Check out those roots!
To the left of the big rock, there is a coconut which is rooting and beginning to grow into a coconut tree.
This is a cocoa tree. Can you see the seed?
This was the coolest plant!! It's called silverleaf. He picked it, laid it on his arm, and smacked his his arm. When he took the plant off, it left this mark. I thought it was the neatest thing!
I believe this was Thomas Jefferson's great grandfather's place.
Bye St. Kitts!

No comments: