Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

Yes, I am way behind in my blogging. I have been taking some grad classes that have been sucking up my free time.  I am trying to catch up some.  These pictures are from the Memorial Day camping trip in West Virginia.  We rented a cabin and took a lot of train rides!  This first one is the New Tygart Flyer in Elkins, WV.





 Love them!






 Yum!

 This train is the Durbin Rocket in Durbin, WV.


 I thought it was a funny picture, so I posted it. :)











 In Durbin they will take cabooses out and leave them for the weekend.  Then they come pick you up after a couple days.  We would really like to try it.  You're out in the wilderness by yourselves with the creek next to you.  It's beautiful. 


 Dad looking for crayfish.
 Boys will be boys.
Tyler and Dad always have a competition to see who can find the most crayfish, the biggest, and the smallest.  Tyler found this one with a bunch of eggs underneath!  I think he won this one.
The diesel engine we were supposed to ride was out of commission for repairs.  The cool thing was that it was made in Corry, PA, not far from home!

No comments: