Today, in the pouring down rain, Tyler ran the half marathon (13.1 miles). Let me tell you, I have a lot of respect for him and all the runners who ran. It was a miserable day to run a marathon. At times, it was a torrential downpour. They ran up Mill Mountain to the star for you local people who know what I'm talking about. There were also many hills throughout the course.
Joe Decamara, a co-worker, ran with him for part of the race. This was before the race started while they were still happy and semi-dry.
Still smiling...
The nerves are starting to kick in.
And they're off!
While they ran the race, his mom, dad, and I went to get breakfast and did a little shopping. We came back to see him finish up. Joe came in before Tyler and we actually made it in time to see him finish too but I wasn't quick enough to get his picture.
The final stretch!
Go baby go!!
He had just crossed the finish line as I snapped this picture, 3 hours, 10 minutes.
So exhausted.
He didn't want to but I had him smile for me. :)
This is the medal he received.
Finisher!
I'm SO proud of you babe! Maybe next time, I'll run with you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment