Wednesday, November 2, 2011

For those of you who don't know...

In my spare time, I like to make Christmas stockings. I have made about 18 stockings over the last 7 years. Most of them are sitting in our closet on the floor waiting to have names embroidered on them, but I have given a few away as gifts. You have to be VERY special to receive one of these as a gift because they take so much of my time. I think they are beautiful. I've been told I need to sell them but I just don't know how much to sell them for. I figure, it would be a lifelong gift and it's handmade so I wouldn't want to cheat myself. But anyway, it's something I enjoy doing that keeps me busy while watching TV, should I have the time to do that.

My first stocking was kind of a joke. I was at Walmart killing time with my mom while our oil was getting changed and we went through the craft section. I saw these stockings and was like, oh, I'll make one for Tyler. (At the time we were just dating.) It was August and I said I would give it to him as a Christmas gift. Well, my mom laughed at me, told me it's a lot of work and kinda hinted to the fact that she didn't think I'd get it done in time. We went on vacation that summer to Canada, in the motorhome and I worked my little butt off trying to get it done. I did and gave it to him for Christmas that year. Mama was impressed! :)

After that I was hooked and I've been making stockings ever since. I will try to look for pictures of stockings I've given away. I know we took some, it's just a matter of finding the pictures on my computer. For now, here are some pictures of the latest stocking. I just finished it today. I took a few close-ups of different areas so you could see a little more detail. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: