Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas with the Reinhardt's

My family came down to Virginia this year to celebrate Christmas. We ended up having our Christmas together the evening of the 26th.
I got some scarves.
Jamie got Rio. (For those of you who haven't seen the movie, Tyler and I watched it the other day and it is very cute.)
They were all so excited to get their annual picture of just me! (That's what you get for working at a school.)
I got a snowflake necklace; that is very pretty I might add.
Ooooh! Everyone needs a shoe stretcher! ;)
I got some little flags for my post outside.
Dad got a "snake" to clean his gun and Mama got a jingly bracelet for Christmastime.
Mama also got a nutcracker ornament.
They were so thrilled to get another puzzle this year in order to figure out what they are actually getting for Christmas.
Here's how I look at it...what fun is it to open a present and just have a piece of paper that says, "You're going to see the Temptations!"? None. So, you have to make it interesting. In order to do that, I made a word search and the leftover letters spelled out what they were getting. It gave them something to do, while the rest of us finished opening presents and was entertaining for us.
Dad diligently working on figuring this thing out.
I got my annual calendar and Hachi the movie. (That's another cute movie for those of you who haven't seen it.)
Notice anything funny about this picture? Besides the look on Tyler's face.
I put this one on here just because I think it's hilarious! :) I have no idea what he or I was saying or doing.
There's my handsome husband with his beautiful baby blue eyes.
Yay! I got my spare ball!
I think Jamie was a little shocked at what was in the box. And very touched also. I think I even saw her cry a little.
When she graduated back in May of 2010, she had ordered a nursing pin that had her initials and the year engraved on the back of it. On graduation day, she had it pinned to her gown and somewhere she lost it. She went back to the college and looked everywhere for it. She even asked at the "lost and found" but no such luck. It was raining on graduation day, so I don't know if the ground was soggy and someone stepped on it and it got mushed into the ground or what. But that's besides the point because she never found it. I figured it must have meant a lot to her if she went back for it and even asked around. Now mind you, it's been a year and a half since she graduated. But, hoping I would luck out, I called the university and asked if they could look through their records to see if they still had on file what she ordered. Lucky for me, their last records went back to May of 2010. The lady at the bookstore had exactly what she ordered and I told her to order me the exact same thing, engraving and all. I think this is the best gift we gave this year. :)
On Christmas day I think Tyler was a little disappointed because he didn't get his kneeboard that he so badly wanted, but he certainly didn't say anything. After we were all done opening our presents with my family, I said, "Wait! There's one more!"
Tyler was so excited to get his advanced kneeboard. He's working on getting in tip top shape for the summer when he can ride it out at his parents' house.
Looks like he is ready to go now though!

No comments: