Ok, so I know I'm waaaaaaaay behind on my blogging. I'll try to catch up quickly! Back in August, August 24th to be exact, Tyler threw me a surprise 30th birthday party!! I was shocked! We were supposed to be going to Marcus and Kenya's house for game night. Instead, we wound up at the park. Tyler had it all planned out ahead of time, as to how it was arranged. Marcus texted me a few weeks earlier to find out when we were getting together again. I said their schedule was busier than mine, so they needed to tell us. He suggested the 24th. I said that should be fine, did he have a time in mind. After "consulting" with his bride, he came back with 4 PM. I said I would check with Tyler, but that should work for us. (Little did I know, Tyler had called Marcus ahead of time and told him to text me and plan a get together on the 24th at 4 PM.)
So on the day of, we hopped in the car to head to the Huffman's and Tyler pulled into Brookside Park's parking lot near our house. I said, "What are you doing?" He didn't answer me. "What are you doing?" Still no answer. "Tyler! What are you doing?!" Then I started recognizing cars. Crap!! Everyone was standing outside and yelled, "SURPRISE!" as we pulled in.
Arrival
Totally in awe that my parents came all the way down from Pennsylvania!
Janice Wymer, Lisa Grinnell and Susie Bruce are all teachers I have worked with in the past.
I have no idea what I was doing here.
Walking to the pavilion
Love the banner!
Decorations
It was a camping theme because I love to camp!
My wonderful father-in-law did all the cooking!
Lovely. They even decorated the outhouse.
Guests
Thanks sweetie for the great party! :)
Happy family minus Jamie.
Jimmy makes me laugh.
These are the out-of-towners. Gary (far left) and Gayle (far right) are married. Gary is my dad's cousin. They traveled here from South Carolina. Jimmy (middle) is also my dad's cousin (Gary's brother). He traveled here from Harrisburg, PA.
No comments:
Post a Comment