When we were on our way back to the airport from the restaurant there was a Marine helicopter there waiting to transport a patient so we had to wait.
Marine helicopter
Beautiful sunset
Ta da!
Roger has the whole sun in his hand.
Tyler's doing a handstand. Get it??
Pelicans
I said I should have put in parenthesis underneath with Tyler and Roger too!
I thought this was a pretty picture.
Our plane that got us from place to place
Leaving the Outer Banks
So on the way home we saw on the radar a wall of storms. There was no way we were going to get through them, which of course we were going to have to do to get to Roanoke. So, we ended up diverting to Danville. Lynchburg was getting hit pretty hard or we would have gone there instead. So we get to Danville, tie the plane down and decide to go to the bathroom and wait the storm out. The airport was closed but they had an unlocked bathroom for pilots outside. We walk to the bathroom, go inside and there's a black widow spider in there. Needless to say, we weren't going to stay in there with the deadly spider and it ran and hid or we would have killed it. So we walked back to the plane and decided to sit on the asphalt until the storm came, then get in the plane once it hit. Well, the storm never came. It totally missed Danville. We ended up sitting outside under the wing of the plane for 3 1/2 hours until the storm broke up enough that we could get through. At 2 o'clock in the morning we began our flight home to Roanoke. We had a safe flight back with no problems. Tyler and I ended up getting home at 2:45 AM. Poor Roger had to fly to Blacksburg to go home. I did call and make sure he made it safely though. All in all it was a wonderful trip. I am so lucky to be blessed with such great people in my life. That was one of the best trips I've ever taken and we had so much fun. Thanks Roger!
No comments:
Post a Comment