Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ripley's Aquarium

Probably the coolest place we went was the Aquarium in Gatlinburg. Tyler and I have been there before but it was my family's first time. I think they really enjoyed it.
Just thought this colorful "fish" was neat.
This crab was huge!
Sea dragons
A view from the underwater tunnel.
Fisheys
Can you spot Nemo?
Mama and Dory
Dad and Bloat
Tyler's always wanted to be like Jacques Cousteau.
Dad's always wanted to be like Tyler.
And Jamie's always has been like Dad. :) Love you Jamie!
Horseshoe crabs
More fish
Don't remember what this is, but he was big and really neat looking. His camouflage works well!
I thought Tyler did a great job capturing these jellyfish!
Japanese spider crab
These things are humongous!
Cuttlefish
Penguin exhibit
What was really cool is that you could crawl though a tunnel, pop up in a viewing area, surrounded by glass of course, but be right next to a penguin! (Which is what happened in the picture before this one.)
Penguins!
Jamie just couldn't take it anymore. She had to strangle something. I'm glad it was the penguin and not me! :)

No comments: