Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tennessee

After Tyler's surprise birthday party, my family, Tyler and I went to Tennessee. One of the places we stopped in Pigeon Forge was Wonderworks. It was kind of like a Carnegie Science Center only with rides too, for those of you Pennsylvania folk.
This is what it looks like from the outside. Two houses crashed into each other!
There were pulleys with seats attached to them when you first walked in. Each seat had a different number of pulleys attached. You had to try out each different seat by pulling yourself up to see which one was the hardest.
This machine you stuck your head in and got to shoot boats, planes, and tanks. It was funny to watch because you spun around while doing it.
In here, we experienced hurricane force winds. If you look closely enough, you might be able to see my hair standing straight up!
Tyler and Dad decided to rock climb.
He was so funny riding this little four-wheeler. He was pedaling so fast and his legs are so long. He looked so goofy!
This ride was awesome in my opinion. In Tyler's opinion, not so much. Jamie was wearing a skirt so I think most of her focus was not letting everyone see her underwear. You had to pedal if you were going forward and stop pedaling if you were going backwards. The idea was to keep spinning in a forward motion. I went around waaaay more times than Jamie and Tyler did. They would go up, get to the top, and come back down. Like I said though, Jamie wasn't really pedaling because she was worried about her skirt. So Tyler was doing most of the work for them! His problem was the back and forth motion though. It messes with his stomach. At any rate, I thought it was fun.
This was really cool! It was mist that showed you as you walked through. Kind of reminded us of a Star Wars thing! :)
Jamie the astronaut
I'm not really sure why he's holding his breath if he's in a spacesuit. :P
This was a design your own roller coaster ride simulator. Dad and I didn't really enjoy it as much and Jamie and Tyler did.
Getting strapped in.
To end the day we did a magic show at Wonderworks. He was pretty neat. If you ever make it to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, we recommend seeing him.

No comments: