So I first learned to crochet when I was 10. Our wonderful neighbor, Sandra, came over to help teach me how to crochet. (My mom tried but I kept getting frustrated because she is left handed and I am right.) I started a blanket, oh so long ago, for Carl, my cousin who's 10 years younger than me. I never did finish it. What I did do, looked awful. I'm sure I still have it somewhere. At any rate, I picked the hobby back up when we moved to Virginia and have crocheted 2 blankets since then. I'm very excited about them! I heard about Granny Squares, which were supposed to be easy and a great way to make a baby blanket. With so many of my family and friends having babies, I thought I'd see if someone could teach me how to make them. Linda, my sister-in-law's mother, helped me a few months ago, but I was taking my grad class at the time and didn't get around to making them right away. So, I lost the ability to make a Granny Square rather quickly. This past Monday, my friend Tracy retaught me how to make them. I'm on a roll! They are so super easy to make and I think I could actually teach someone else to make them! (That is the ultimate test to see if you actually really know something.) I can't wait to have enough squares to make a whole blanket!
For those of you meanies out there, go ahead and laugh. You'll be right in line with Tyler who says he married a little old lady. The important thing is, I enjoy doing it. It makes a gift that is special because it is hand-made and it's a way for me to destress. :P But go ahead, laugh it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment