This past weekend we went hiking with the Huffman's. We rode up to Devil's Marbleyard which is up by Natural Bridge for all you locals. Surprisingly, in talking to people from around here, I found a lot of them have never heard of it. This really blows my mind because it's such a great, different hike! Basically, you hike a short trail to the bottom of the boulders and then you can either continue walking up the trail on the side of the boulders to the top, or climb up the rocks. We chose to climb up the rocks, as that is the fun part. They range from the size of a man to the size of a truck. We had so much fun!
Marcus and Kenya climbing up the boulders.
A close-up view of Kenya and Marcus
I know it's from an angle but you can see just how tall part of it is. It's an 8-acre field of Antietam-quartz boulders. Be careful! Some of them are a little rocky. (Ha ha ha!)
View down some of the rocks
View part way up the boulders
Peek-a-boo! I see you!
It was the perfect day for hiking!
We found a geocache while we were up there! :)
Scenic view
Ha-zaaaa! (Don't ask me, I have no idea. Marcus was shouting it at random points up the mountain.)
3 of us
Lunch break
View from the top
I would totally do this hike again and highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't done it before! Thanks Huffman's for going with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment