Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Maine

After our day in Boston, we went to Maine that evening.  Our goal was to hit all the New England states and since we didn't have much time, we only stopped in Maine for dinner and to find one cache.  Dinner was at Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier.  The lobster were in a tank arranged by size of the lobster.  You told them about what size you wanted and they picked one out for you.  Then they boiled it and served it to you fresh!
 Small lobsters
 Big lobsters
 Medium lobsters were in the middle tank, where mine came from, but I didn't get a close up of them.
 Tyler holding my lobster.
 I was smiling then but a second later he almost slipped from my hand and I had a much different look on my face.
I really did feel bad that this poor lobster was going to get eaten because of me. 
 The restaurant is a bunch of picnic tables out on a pier.  Great atmosphere!
 The view from our table.
 Mr. Lobster
 Tyler got a lobster roll.  You'd think it would be like an egg roll or something but it's not, it's a sandwich.
 See, I told you I felt bad.
Tyler on the other hand, didn't feel bad at all.  In fact, I think he was kind of enjoying it.
 The after shot
 The restaurant from the top of the hill.
 So they stop taking orders at 8 PM, which we didn't know.  We got there at 10 to 8.  By the time we left, they were closed.  I think we would have begged them to let us in had we been any later.

No comments: