Thursday, April 11, 2013

Toto, I've got a feeling we ARE in Kansas!

 
When we were through at the Oklahoma City Memorial, we headed for Kansas.  We ended up in Wichita for the night.  However, before we retired for the evening, we had one last adventure of the day. 
The back story to this whole ordeal is this.  When my sister and I were kids, my aunt and uncle didn't have any children.  They would have parties over at their house and invite my parents.  My parents didn't always have someone to watch us, so they brought us along.  We would go in Aunt Chris and Uncle Dave's bedroom and watch a movie.  However, because they had no children at the time, the only "kid movie" they had was The Wizard of Oz.  So EVERY time we went to their house, that was the movie we watched.  It became a running joke with my family, that that was the only movie they had.  To this day, we still joke about it.  So when I heard that the movie, The Great and Powerful Oz was coming to theatres, I was stoked.  I called my aunt and said we should go see it "together."  Because we are 600 miles apart, I said she could go see it there, and I could go see it here and then we could get on the phone and talk about it!

The BEST PART of this story is, Tyler took me to go see the movie IN KANSAS!!!  How awesome is that?!?!?!
We had some time to kill before the showing, so we played around in the arcade. 

I didn't get a picture of it, but we played a couple games of air hockey together.  And it can't go without mentioning, how gracious my husband was to let me win both games. ;)  Thanks sweetie!
We also got the full experience, seeing the movie in 3D. 
This was probably one of the best parts of our trip. :)

No comments: