Saturday, June 13, 2009

Tyler the Pilot

Last year for Tyler's birthday I got him a Discovery Flight gift certificate. Basically that let him start his lessons to learn how to fly a plane. Since Roanoke did not honor the gift certificate, (which I knew when I got it), we decided to make a trip out of it. We went to Winston-Salem, North Carolina on Friday night so he could be ready for his flight on Saturday morning at 9 AM. Winston-Salem is about 2 1/2 hours from here. This is Tyler sitting in the waiting room of the flight school. He was very excited!! They did let me go up with him since it was a four-seater Cessna. I sat in the back. You will see pictures of the plane at the end of this post. This is the control panel. It looks too complicated for me!
There's my baby in control! (Scary, I know. ;) )
Tyler the Pilot
I think this is a good one. Yes, he was flying at the time and took his eyes off the...sky??
At the controls
Tyler was doing a 50 degree bank here. We were basically perpendicular to the ground as you can tell from this picture. It was fun!! It gives you the flip flop feeling in your stomach as if you were on a roller coaster. :)
More views
Pilot MountainA lake on top of a mountain we flew over.
This was the hotel we stayed at the night before. It was called The Hawthorne. Neat to see from the air!
Downtown Winston-Salem
Tyler's plane
Look how excited he was even after the flight was over!
Us
Tyler and Tyler (his instrustor)

No comments: