Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Backyard hike

In our backyard we have a creek. We actually own all the way down to the creek but hardly ever go down there because it is so steep and in the summer there is a concern for Copperheads (snakes). Tyler has been down there a couple times but in the 3 1/2 years we have lived here, I have never been down there. So this past weekend we got about 10 inches of snow and I wanted to explore down there. Tyler, being the kind, loving husband that he is, said that he would go down first to show me where to go and what to watch out for (mainly prickers). This first picture kind of gives you an idea of just how far down and how steep it actually is. Believe it or not, there is a creek through the trees.
On the slide down the hill.
Wheeeee!
We're getting closer.
This is looking up from the creek. I focused on the rocks but you can see our house in the background. To the top right of the picture, you can also see our neighbors' shed as it sticks out over the edge. It is on stilts.
I zoomed in some so that you could actually see part of our house through the trees. The left window on the back of the house is our bedroom window. We have some gorgeous views at all times of the year. I thank God for that.
View of the creek
The other side of the creek
This picture didn't quite capture the essence of this ice but it was beautiful. There was, I'm guessing fishing line, hanging from this branch that extended over the water. Somehow the water dripped down the line and formed this ice shape at the bottom. You can kind of tell from the picture but the ice looked like a cowboy hat and then there is a little ice ball right above it. It was so pretty to watch spin in the sun.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Watch out for that stump!