Sunday, February 21, 2010

Flying

Saturday Tyler convinced me to go with him to his flight lesson. Just to clarify, he usually flies from 12 to 4 and he has to leave an hour early to get there on time. Then you have to figure it's also an hour back, so essentially it shoots your whole day. However, I went with him and had a lot of fun! He told me to listen for 103 left downwind on the radio and then I would know he was going to be flying by and I could go out and take a picture. The first time I completely missed him. It didn't sound like him on the radio! As I got used to hearing his voice more, I could pick it out when he started instead of having to wait for the 103 part (he says more before that, that was just my cue to come outside). He did really well flying and he is so excited to solo!
Roger and Tyler
Hmmm...I better read this manual before I fly the plane.
Touch and go
See ya later!
Great park job!
When the video starts, you hear an engine. If you listen carefully, it sounds funny because just as Tyler is about to take off, the engine slows, which would mean Tyler would not be getting off the ground. Obviously, it is not Tyler's plane. Someone else is testing their propeller.
Keep an eye out for Tyler at the start of this video. He is on the ground taking off from the right side of the screen. Enjoy!

No comments: