Friday, November 15, 2013

Extraordinary Women's Conference

The first weekend of October, Debbie and I went to the Extraordinary Women's Conference at the Roanoke Civic Center.  It was the first time either one of us had gone and we had a good time.
  
Kasey Van Norman
Kasey gave a great speech about her life and the trials and tribulations she has encountered in her short time here on this earth.  She is a very strong woman and was, by far, my favorite speaker of the weekend.  I bought, but haven't read yet, her book Named by God.
 
 
 
 After I bought her book, I waited in line for her to sign my copy and to get my picture taken with her. :)

Third Day
Tyler and I really like Third Day and I was excited to be able to hear them perform Friday night.
 
 
 
 

 His Little Feet
His Little Feet was a group of children who sang beautifully.  They are from all over the world and the charity assists children who are orphaned or needy. 
 
 

Karen Kingsbury
Karen Kingsbury is a Christian author of novels and children's books.  Her book, Let Me Hold You Longer, is a tear jerker.

 Margaret Feinberg
Margaret Feinberg is fighting breast cancer.  She is an author and public speaker.

Tim Hawkins
Tim Hawkins is a comedian who performed on Saturday. 

Missy Robertson
Missy Robertson is the wife of Jase Robertson of Duck Dynasty.  Her and her daughter spoke and sang at the conference on Saturday afternoon.
 
 
We really enjoyed the conference and look forward to going again in the future!

No comments: