we went for a beautiful bike ride as a family, minus one.
It was nice that the path was so shady and paved.
Drake's Oil Well
I did a project on this in the 4th grade. My dad and I built this building out of Popsicle sticks. We had to shave some of them down because they were too thick. One evening my dad was out working, Mama was at the kitchen sink with her back to me. I said (mind you, I'm 10 years old), "Hey mom, can I shave one of this sticks down by myself?", as I'm already doing it. Her response, "No, wait til your dad gets home to help you." As I start yelling, "I cut my thumb! I cut my thumb!" Yes, ladies and gentleman, I still have the scar on my left thumb from my Drake's Oil Well project. Oops. Guess I should have listened to my parents.
Me in front of the oil well. It's a pretty popular thing to see up in that area. If you're ever around it, go check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment