Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby blanket

Okay, now that I'm done with it and I gave it to the intended owner, I can finally post pictures!  I started making Granny Squares in March, thanks to my good friend Tracy for teaching me.  As you probably know from previous posts, I was making a blanket out of them for my cousin Carrie, who I gave the finished product to last week.
 These yellow squares were the start of my project.
 I made yellow, white, and green squares for the blanket, as they don't know what they're having.
 No, this is not my house.  I took it up to PA so I could work on it while I was up there.  Mama and Dad have such a nice big space to lay it out in.  You can see I still had another row to go.  
This is the blanket without the border on it.  I did make it rather large so that they could have the option of using it a little longer, like even as a child.
The finished product with the border on it.  
 A close up of the edge of the blanket and one of the squares.  
I can't believe I made a whole blanket of Granny Squares and it was so easy!  Go me!

Congrats again Carrie and Jarrod!  Hope your little one enjoys the blanket for years to come!

No comments: